Facebook Pixel Noscript
Information for Parent/Guardian


Let us take the mystery out of the enrollment process.


Information for Parent/Guardian

College in the High School  at Fulton-Montgomery Community College (FM) allows qualified, capable, high school students to enroll in college courses conveniently taught at your high school campus. FM oversees each course to determine that the course content, student learning outcomes, and textbooks are equivalent to the same courses taught on the FM campus. College in the High School teachers at your high school work closely with FM professors to make sure the course material is taught at a college level. All College in the High School courses are subject to the same standards and policies as any other FM course.


  • Earn college credit at one-third of the regular cost
  • Experience the challenge of college-level courses
  • Build your critical thinking skills to prepare for college
  • Enhance college applications by showing you can do college work
  • Accumulate college credits to lessen future course-load, making time to double major, take electives, or study abroad
  • Access FM’s Evans Library and online databases.

Costs and enrollment deadlines are updated annually at the FM Website: https://www.fmcc.edu/admissions/college-high-school.


  • Must be a high school junior or senior currently enrolled in an approved CHS course
  • Must be recommended by your teacher or guidance counselor
  • Should have a reasonable expectation of success in the course.


A full listing of courses taught at your school can be found at https://www.fmcc.edu/admissions/college-high-school.  Course descriptions can be found on the FM website at: https://www.fmcc.edu/academics/programs/course-descriptions/.

TRANSFER OF CREDITS: https://www.fmcc.edu/admissions/college-high-school


  1. Talk to your teacher or guidance counselor about your readiness for college courses.  If you have any doubts about your ability to complete the class successfully, you’ll have the first few weeks of school to submit your registration form and you’ll have time to experience the level of difficulty of the class before making a final decision.
  2. Contact any colleges you are considering to determine if they will accept the credit.
  3. Complete the Online Application for College in the High School. https://www.fmcc.edu/admissions/college-high-school/application-process/
  4. Complete the Registration Form for College in the High School.  All items on the registration form must be completed in order for your enrollment to be processed. Student and parent/guardian signatures are required.

For each course in which you are enrolling, indicate the cost, course number, section, and teacher name on the registration form. You must be enrolled in the high school course AND registered through FM to take the course for college credit.

  1. If you live in a county other than Fulton or Montgomery, you must submit a Certificate of Residence form in order to qualify for the in-state tuition rate. There are different instructions (below) depending on the county in which you reside.


You MUST complete this step if you live outside of Fulton or Montgomery counties to qualify for the New York State resident rate for tuition.

Fulton/Montgomery County Residents: You do not have to complete this step.

Saratoga County Residents: Bring the Saratoga County Certificate of Residence form to the Saratoga County Treasurer’s Office with proof of identification and address.  A minimum of two proofs are needed; one more than a year old and one less than one month old. Examples: driver’s license or permit, report card, bank statement, medical records, dated mail or postmarked envelopes, pay stub. The address is: Saratoga County Treasurer’s Office, 40 McMaster Street, Building 1, Ballston Spa, NY. (Parking is available in the Ramsan Street lot.) Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. You will receive a Certificate of Residence affidavit from the Saratoga County Treasurer’s Office. Submit this form to FM with your college enrollment form.

Other Counties (Herkimer/Hamilton):

Bring the Certificate of Residence application and proof of identification and address to a notary public, who will witness your signature and put a notary stamp on the form. Your high school may have a notary in the school office; check with your teacher. Bring the form to your county Treasurer’s Office to obtain proof of residence issued by your county.


If you enroll for college credit and then change your mind, you must notify FM to cancel your college enrollment. The date you notify FM will determine if you will be responsible for payment.

To drop from a class complete the College in the High School Drop Form and mail or fax it to the FM Registrar’s Office.

To withdraw from a class complete the College in the High School Withdraw Form and mail or fax it to the FM Registrar’s Office.


Contact the FM Registrar’s Office at (518) 736-FMCC (3622), ext. 8701, 8702 or 8700 if you have any questions.