Facebook Pixel Noscript
College in the High School


Let us take the mystery out of the enrollment process.


College in the High School

Are you interested in starting your college career while you are in high school? Do you want to be part of an opportunity to earn college credits before graduation? Looking for an excellent education at an affordable price?

If so, Fulton-Montgomery Community College (FM) has your opportunity!

College in the High School allows qualified, capable, high school students to enroll in college courses conveniently taught at your high school campus.


  • Earn college credit at one-third of the regular cost
  • Experience the challenge of college-level courses
  • Build your critical thinking skills to prepare for college
  • Enhance college applications by showing you can do college work
  • Accumulate college credits to lessen future course-load, making time to double major, take electives, or study abroad
  • Access FM’s Evans Library and online databases


  • Must be a high school junior or senior
  • Must be recommended by your teacher or guidance counselor
  • Should have a reasonable expectation of success in the course


FM oversees each course to determine that the course content, student learning outcomes, and textbooks are equivalent to the same courses taught on the FM campus.

College in the High School teachers at your high school work closely with FM professors to make sure the course material is taught at a college level. All College in the High School courses are subject to the same standards and policies as any other FM course.


  • Grades and credits are permanently recorded on the FM transcript
  • Students who continue their college studies at FM will have credits which are applicable to most degree programs
  • Students who plan to enroll in other colleges will need to arrange for FM to send an Official Transcript upon conclusion of the course. Transcript request instructions are located on the FM website at: www.fmcc.suny.edu
  • Every college establishes their own transfer credit policy so FM cannot tell you whether your credits will transfer to a specific college. You should contact individual colleges to learn their transfer requirements before registering    for a course.
  • FM is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and credits typically transfer to other colleges
  • Most colleges require a minimum grade to award transfer credit, generally a grade of C


You MUST complete this step if you live outside of Fulton or Montgomery counties to qualify for the New York State resident rate for tuition.

Fulton/Montgomery County Residents:  You do not have to complete this step.

Saratoga County Residents:

Bring the Saratoga County Certificate of Residence form to the Saratoga County Treasurer’s Office with proof of identification and address. A minimum of two proofs are needed; one more than a year old and one less than one month old. Examples: driver’s license or permit, report card, bank statement, medical records, dated mail or postmarked envelopes, pay stub. The address is: Saratoga County Treasurer’s Office, 40 McMaster Street, Building 1, Ballston Spa, NY. (Parking is available in the Ramsan Street lot.) Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. You will receive a Certificate of Residence affidavit from the Saratoga County Treasurer’s Office. Submit this form to FM with your college enrollment form.

Other Counties (Herkimer/Hamilton):

Bring the Certificate of Residence form and proof of identification and address to a notary public, who will witness your signature and put a notary stamp on the form. Your high school may have a notary in the school office; check with your teacher. Bring the form to your county Treasurer’s Office to obtain proof of residence issued by your county.


If you enroll for college credit and then change your mind, you must notify FM to cancel your college enrollment. The date you notify FM will determine if you will be responsible for payment.

To drop from a class complete the College in the High School Drop Form and mail or fax it to the FM Registrar’s Office.

To withdraw from a class complete the College in the High School Withdraw Form and mail or fax it to the FM Registrar’s Office.


Contact the FM Registrar’s Office at (518) 736-FMCC (3622), ext. 8700 or 8141 if you have any questions.