What is the definition of a non-traditional career?
Working in a field or pursuing a degree program in which the total population is comprised of 25% or less of one gender.
Why choose the non-traditional career path?
- Interesting and rewarding
- Higher wages and better benefits
- Opportunities for more advancement and job satisfaction
- Alternative path to economic independence
Examples of non-traditional fields and majors:
- Criminal Justice
- Radio/TV Broadcasting
- Computer Technology
- Culinary Arts
- Electrical Technology
- Construction Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Physical Therapy
- Human Services
- Paralegal Services
- Dental Hygiene