Certificate of Residence


Let us take the mystery out of the enrollment process.


Certificate of Residence

As of the Fall 2012 semester Fulton and Montgomery County residents no longer need to submit a Certificate of Residence to the Bursar’s Office. Resident students are required to verify their address on the student self service portal each academic semester. Providing false information or omission of data may result in dismissal from the College based on the standards of student conduct, available in “The Source Student Handbook.”

A Certificate of Residence issued by your home county entitles you to pay the resident tuition fee to attend a community college in New York State and not the higher, non-resident tuition.

The Certificate of Residence is EFFECTIVE FOR ONE YEAR from the date it is issued.  You must apply for and submit a new Certificate of Residence to your college once a year, every year at the beginning of the semester (or quarter), along with your tuition payment.  If you do not submit the Certificate of Residence, you will be charged the higher, non-resident tuition fee.  Please check your County’s requirements for applying for a Certificate of Residence.


  • Resident of New York State for at least one (1) year immediately prior to the date of application, and also
  • Resident of New York City for at least (6) months immediately prior to the date of application.

Note:  Members of the U.S. Armed Forces, while on full-time active duty and stationed within New York State, and their spouses and dependents are eligible for the resident tuition rate.

Certificate of residence for students NOT residing in Fulton or Montgomery County Pages (PDF)

New York City Certificate of Residence

NYS County Treasurer’s List

NYS County Treasurer’s Contact Information