- Apply for VA benefits through www.gibill.va.gov or 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).
- Apply for Admissions http://www.fmcc.edu/.
- Make an appointment with VA School Certifying Officer, Moira Samek located in the Financial Aid Office. Items you will need for the meeting:
- copy of your DD-214 member copy 4
- copy of your VONAPP application
- copy of your Certificate of Eligibility
- Request a copy of your Military Transcript:
~Army, Navy, Coast Guard or Marines: https://jst.doded.mil/smart/signIn.do
~Air Force : http://www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf
- After you are accepted to FM, schedule your placement test by calling the Student Development Center at 518-736-3622, ext. 8140.
- After you complete the placement test, make an appointment to meet with the Veterans Academic Advisor Christie Crawford, located in the Student Development Center.
- Apply for Financial Aid – Federal Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov and NYS TAP http://www.hesc.ny.gov.
- Connect with other Veterans on Campus: FM Veterans’ Club – Contact Club Advisor Dan Towne, firstname.lastname@example.org or 736-3622 ext. 8051.
- Notify VA Certifying Official of any CHANGE in STATUS and / or course(s) once registered.
- After registering for classes each semester, you must notify the Certifying Official by bringing a copy of your schedule to the Financial Aid Office. If you changed your degree program, had a break in enrollment or switched schools, please complete and submit Form 22-1995 (Ch. 30, 32,33, 1606,1607 and VRAP) or Form 22-5495 (Ch. 35).
FM Contact Information:
Moira Samek, VA School Certifying Officer
518-736-3622, ext. 8203
Christie Crawford, Veteran Academic Advisor
518-736-3622, ext. 8163