Getting Started


Let us take the mystery out of the enrollment process.


Getting Started

  1. Apply for VA benefits through or 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).
  2. Apply for Admissions
  3. Make an appointment with VA School Certifying Officer, Moira Samek located in the Financial Aid Office. Items you will need for the meeting:
      • copy of your DD-214 member copy 4
      • copy of your VONAPP application
      • copy of your Certificate of Eligibility
  4. Request a copy of your Military Transcript:

    ~Army, Navy, Coast Guard or Marines:

    ~Air Force :

  5. After you are accepted to FM, schedule your placement test by calling the Student Development Center at 518-736-3622, ext. 8140.
  6. After you complete the placement test, make an appointment to meet with the Veterans Academic Advisor Christie Crawford, located in the Student Development Center.
  7. Apply for Financial Aid – Federal Aid at and NYS TAP
  8. Connect with other Veterans on Campus: FM Veterans’ Club – Contact Club Advisor Dan Towne, or 736-3622 ext. 8051.
  9. Notify VA Certifying Official of any CHANGE in STATUS and / or course(s) once registered.
  10. After registering for classes each semester, you must notify the Certifying Official by bringing a copy of your schedule to the Financial Aid Office.  If you changed your degree program, had a break in enrollment or switched schools, please complete and submit Form 22-1995 (Ch. 30, 32,33, 1606,1607 and VRAP) or Form 22-5495 (Ch. 35).

FM Contact Information:

Moira Samek, VA School Certifying Officer

518-736-3622, ext. 8203

Christie Crawford, Veteran Academic Advisor

518-736-3622, ext. 8163