How to Apply For Admission
Follow these instructions carefully.
1. Fully complete the International Student Application Please make sure that all your documents bear your name exactly as written in your passport and academic records. International Student Information Brochure
2. Fully complete the Certificate of Financial Responsibility.
Study for one year (2 semesters) or longer requires a minimum of $20,000 U.S. per year (documentation for the first year only is required).
If a student wishes to have family members (spouse or children) accompany them, the following additional amounts must be included in the financial support: $3,000 per year for spouse; $1,500 per year for each child. Please write a separate note to include with the application if dependents will accompany the student. The name, date of birth and gender of each dependent must be listed in the letter.
Enclose all required documents as specified in their original form or as certified copies. Documents must be written in English or be official certified translations.
3. Submit original TOEFL scores if applicable. The campus TOEFL code for FM = 2254. Students are NOT required to submit a TOEFL score. The information can be helpful though if scores are available. Students without a TOEFL score (Internet based score of 61 or higher; or computerized score of 173 or higher; or paper score of 500 or higher) will be tested upon arrival for appropriate English study.
4. Enclose the completed and verified Immunization form Click here to open the file – ONLY required for students studying for a semester or longer. Can be sent later as it is required for enrollment- NOT for admission.
5. If you are currently studying in the United States, please have your current International Student Advisor submit the Transfer_Form. You should also send all other documents as stated on the application form.
International Student Admissions
Fulton-Montgomery Community College State University of New York
2805 State Highway 67
Johnstown, New York 12095 USA
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. If an application is received less than 4-6 weeks before the term begins, consideration for admission for that term can not be guaranteed. Applications received late will be considered for the next session unless otherwise indicated. Academic Programs terms start: Fall semester (late August) Spring semester (late January) Summer Session (late May).