The Radiologic Technology program is competitive and there are prerequisites and application requirements. Click here to review Radiologic Technology Checklist. Students who have met all items on the Radiologic Technology Checklist should complete the Online Radiologic Technology Application and submit the Radiologic Technology Checklist with associated paperwork to the Admissions Office. Mail completed Rad Tech Checklist and supporting documentation the Admissions Office: Fulton-Montgomery Community College, Attn: Kathleen Romano, 2805 State Hwy. 67, Johnstown, NY 12095.
We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2015; the application deadline is January 9, 2015. Students who do not fulfill all items listed on the checklist are encouraged to begin work on the prerequisite requirements by applying for the Health Studies program using the General Application for admission.
PRE-REQUISITES FOR ADMISSION TO THE RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM:
- Proof of graduation from high school or GED
- Completion of FM’s Compass Assessment Test in math, reading, and writing unless waived by the Academic Dean or Associate Dean for Enrollment Management.
- Successful completion of the following:
- High school Math Course I and Course II or Math A and B or college level math (MAT 120 Intermediate Algebra) or course equivalency with a grade of “B” or above.
- High school Biology or college level Biology with a lab (SCI 135 Introductory Biology: Molecules & Cells, SCI 137 Human Biology) or course equivalency with a grade of “B” or above.
- High school Chemistry or Physics with a lab, or college level Chemistry or Physics (SCI 170 Introductory Chemistry I or SCI 171 Introductory Chemistry II) or (SCI 161 Introduction to Physics I or SCI 162 Introduction to Physics II) or course equivalency with a grade of “B” or above.
Students accepted to the Radiologic Technology Program must submit proof of American Heart Association adult and pediatric CPR certification and Health form prior to the start of the Radiology Program.
GRANTING OF PRIOR FMCC CREDIT OR TRANSFER CREDIT
- Transfer students from other collegiate radiology programs are evaluated on an individual basis.
- Prior FM credit or transfer credit will not be granted for college level Anatomy and Physiology I and II, if the course is more than seven years old. (must also earn a “C” or above)
- Final decisions as to prior FM or transfer credits will be made by the Dean of Academic Affairs in consultation with the Radiologic Technology Selection Committee.
Note: To qualify for the next sequential radiology course, the student must earn a grade of “C” or higher in radiology courses, pass the clinical portion, and earn a grade of “C” or higher in Anatomy & Physiology I & II (BIO 181 and BIO 182).
Radiologic Technology Curriculum Outline Coming Soon