To be eligible to receive an Associate Degree or certificate from Fulton-Montgomery Community College, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Complete the minimum semester hours of course work required for the specific degree or certificate.
- Successfully complete the appropriate course of study prescribed in the college catalog.
- Complete at least 50% of the minimum semester hours at FMCC as outlined above.
- Attain a 2.00 cumulative index or higher, either for all the courses taken at FMCC or those courses taken at FMCC that apply to the degree.
- Submit an application for graduation, available in the Student Development Center (N-107), indicating the semester in which you intend to complete all degree requirements. Your application for graduation should be submitted prior to the last semester in which the work is to be completed or by December 1st for the following May.
If you do not file a graduation application, your academic record will not be reviewed for graduation. If you file an application but do not meet all degree requirements, you will be notified of the deficiency and will then have to reapply for a subsequent graduation.
Commencement, the College’s annual graduation ceremony, is held once per year at the end of the spring semester in May. Students are responsible for purchasing a cap and a gown from the Bookstore.
Students who completed all requirements in December receive their diplomas after completion but attend Commencement in May.
May applicants for graduation participate in Commencement as unverified candidates for graduation as long as they were registered for all requirements; final verification of graduation and issuing of diplomas occurs after commencement is held.
August graduates participate in the Commencement that follows degree completion unless they meet all conditions for Early Participation in Commencement by April 15. Students seeking approval for Early Participation in Commencement must be registered for all remaining graduation requirements, scheduled to be completed by August, and shall not exceed six credits in any combination or two courses up to eight credits. Students must file an application for August graduation, submit a form requesting approval for Early Participation in Commencement, and provide written verification of summer enrollment.