This one-year certificate program will prepare students with entry-level knowledge and skills in heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R). The curriculum emphasizes the development of technical, diagnostic, problem-solving, maintenance, repair, and customer service skills. Students will practice laboratory safety standards and rules consistent with industry practices. This program is designed to provide students with concentrated skill training for employment in this rapidly growing field including maintenance and service of new and existing HVAC/R equipment, sales, and equipment testing for HVAC/R manufacturers.
Students in this program are expected to provide their own safety footwear, limited hand tools, and other personal items appropriate for laboratory classes.
Program Learning Outcomes:
1. Identify HVAC/R equipment and system components, their functions, and their relationship within a system.
2. Describe the fundamentals of electricity and explain its application in HVAC/R equipment.
3. Develop and apply competent wiring skills.
4. Demonstrate competent soldering and brazing techniques.
5. Troubleshoot and diagnose problems and perform service tasks.