The Business Administration Program is designed to prepare our students with the core skills necessary to compete and succeed in today’s diverse business environment. Required courses include the organizational functions of accounting, marketing, finance, human resource management and business law. Exposure to these concepts provides our students with the knowledge they need, while introducing them to potential career paths that they can pursue through their choice of business electives. The flexibility of this program allows for both part-time and full-time study.
The primary goal of this business program is to prepare students for employment upon graduation. In addition, students may decide to continue their studies at four-year institutions and beyond. Students confident that they want to continue on to four-year institutions may want to consider FM’s Associate in Science degree in Business Administration. Consultation with an academic advisor is recommended and available to students wishing to pursue higher educational goals.
Beginning Fall semester 2010, students may pursue this degree program on campus or fully online.
Program Learning Outcomes
- To prepare students to demonstrate an integrated understanding of business administration through foundation skills in accounting,
finance, economics, marketing, management, mathematics, statistics and computer technology.
- To prepare students for associate degrees in business: business administration or accounting.
- To prepare students to demonstrate effective oral and written communication , problem solving, and decision making skills.
- To prepare students to demonstrate a sound understanding of the social, political, legal, technological and global influences in business
- To prepare students to demonstrate a sound understanding of professional ethical conduct and decision making.