In today’s highly rewarding, yet competitive, job market, the accounting and finance professional is continuously in demand. At FM, our leading-edge Accounting program is designed to provide students with the accounting, finance and business skills needed to succeed in both the private and public sectors of the economy. The program will provide students with an overview of the structure and functions of accounting, business and finance, as well as the communication, math and computer skills necessary for the business world today.
Core accounting courses prepare the student with the specialized accounting terminology, concepts and applications present in the fields of financial, managerial, cost, and tax accounting.
The program is designed to prepare students for employment upon graduation. In addition, students may decide to continue their studies at four-year institutions, and beyond. Consultation with an academic advisor is recommended and available to students wishing to pursue higher educational goals.
Program Learning Outcomes
- To prepare students to demonstrate an integrated understanding of business administration through foundation skills in accounting,
finance, economics, marketing, management, mathematics, statistics and computer technology.
- To prepare students for associate degrees in business: business administration or accounting.
- To prepare students to demonstrate effective oral and written communication , problem solving, and decision making skills.
- To prepare students to demonstrate a sound understanding of the social, political, legal, technological and global influences in business
- To prepare students to demonstrate a sound understanding of professional ethical conduct and decision making.