In today’s highly rewarding, yet competitive, job market, the accounting and finance professional is continuously in demand. At FM, our leading-edge Accounting program is designed to provide students with the accounting, finance and business skills needed to succeed in both the private and public sectors of the economy. The program will provide students with an overview of the structure and functions of accounting, business and finance, as well as the communication, math and computer skills necessary for the business world today.
Core accounting courses prepare the student with the specialized accounting terminology, concepts and applications present in the fields of financial, managerial, cost, and tax accounting.
The program is designed to prepare students for employment upon graduation. In addition, students may decide to continue their studies at four-year institutions, and beyond. Consultation with an academic advisor is recommended and available to students wishing to pursue higher educational goals.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply effective oral and written communication, quantitative reasoning, and technology competencies to real-world business scenarios.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, collaboration, problem-solving, and decision making skills that optimize business outcomes.
- Identify how diversity and ethics impact the evolving global business environment.
- Demonstrate core competencies in Accounting, Marketing, Economics, Management, Business Law, Information Systems, and Business Applications.
- Students will be able to demonstrate core competencies in Accounting, Taxation, Computerized Accounting Applications and Business Law.